A minor fire was reported at the main emergency ward of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi in the early hours of today. No injuries were reported in the incident. Firefighters and other first responders hurried onto the scene.
The fire, which began at 5 am today, was brought under control in an hour, said the Delhi Fire Department. All the patients were safely evacuated from the affected areas. “Sparking and smoke seen in a dummy room of AIIMS hospital near the casualty area. All patients were evacuated from the affected area. Seven fire brigade vehicles reached the spot and extinguished the fire. The situation is now normal and under control and there is neither any casualty nor any injury to any person.
Sources at the time said the fire was caused by a short circuit in a refrigerator on the ninth floor.
News Source : The Tribune